BRICK – Mayor John Ducey and the Brick Council joined doctors, cancer survivors, and dignitaries on Wednesday to celebrate the expansion of Ocean Medical Center’s Cancer Center. The expansion is set to begin in Fall of 2016 and will include a 6,500 square foot addition combining visual and technical upgrades in order to meet the clinical and emotional needs of patients.
“We are proud to have Ocean Medical Center and the Cancer Center here in Brick,” said Brick Mayor John Ducey. “Cancer patients will now be able to receive complete cancer care without travelling far from home,” said Mayor Ducey.
The Cancer Center expansion is set to include:
- 20 brand new infusion stations in a comfortable healing environment
- The most advanced radiation technology available
- A multi-disciplinary oncology suite for evaluation by a team of cancer physicians in one visit
- Conference and family supportive care resources
- Expanded Nurse Navigator services to guide patients through every step
- Specialty physician consultation offices
The Clayton family donated $1 million toward the Cancer Center, with the lobby being named in honor of Julie S. Clayton.
For more information on the expansion, visit MeridianBuildingHOPE.com.